Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Front Porch

     All my life I've wanted a front porch. Whenever I go anywhere I always notice a full length or wrap around porch and wish I had one to sit on, decorate, entertain in, etc.
     What's funny about this is I have a front porch now. It's not a wrap around or full length but it's enough for the two rickety white rocking chairs that I have there now and the old wicker table and probably some really pretty planters to dress it up. So why haven't I taken the time to dress her up? Probably because I don't get out here much as it is. I think I'm going to have to do something about that- stay tuned.
     Back to 'the front porch'- like the lilacs of the previous post, the front porch is more than an entrance to a  house, it's a feeling, it's memories, it's the sound of birds chirping, the wind blowing the leaves, seeing a rabbit run across the road (that literally just happened as I was typing this), the smell of fresh air and grass, moments of inner reflection or planning the next 'whatever'. You could quite possibly change your life just by sitting on the front porch. Okay, that's sounds a bit cliche but I'm okay with that.
     I love the time I spend here, it's more than just a porch, it's a 'place'.

No comments:

Post a Comment