Friday, May 10, 2013

The inspiration

There she is, my Betty, in all  her glory. The book that has inspired this adventure.

So you may have noticed some photos of recipes titled Betty Crocker _____ (something, something). My current venture/challenge/activity is to cook every recipe in the Betty Crocker Cookbook. No rhyme or reason, just because I want to. I will admit that I did love the movie, Julie and Julia, and the idea of cooking my way through an entire cookbook sounds like truly self indulgent fun . I like to throw a little gourmet flare into my food but my family isn’t down with that so I decided to stick with the mainstream and more recognizable dishes. I’ve had my Betty for several years and she’s showing some wear for sure, but I’ve only used it for the basic recipes such as pancakes, biscuits and salad dressings rather than actual dishes. So we’ll give her a whirl and see if the flavor stacks up.
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment